Possibly the most iconic frame associated with Ritchey, the Swiss Cross draws its name from early factory rider, cyclocross, and mountain bike legend Thomas Frischknecht. The first iteration of the Swiss Cross was a no-holds-barred race machine designed for one thing: ripping through dirt like no other. Captained to numerous victories under Frischi, the Swiss Cross went on to become one of the most revered frames of the Ritchey offering.
Twenty-five years later, the Swiss Cross is still a staple of the Ritchey fleet—now featuring modern standards such as 12mm thru-axles, flat-mount brakes, and higher-volume tire clearance. Yet one thing has remained unchanged: it is still a no-holds-barred race-ready dirt ripper. Whether it's leading the charge on bell lap or ticking off the grueling miles of a gravel grinder, the new Swiss Cross is more than capable of tackling it all.
- Material: heat-treated, triple-butted Ritchey Logic steel tubing - TIG welded
- Ultra-light forged and machined straight 1-1/8" headtube
- WCS headset included (IS42/28.6|IS42/30)
- 142mm spacing (12mm alloy thru-axle included)
- Replaceable stainless-steel derailleur hanger
- 27.2mm seat tube with integrated seat collar (max torque setting: 6Nm)
- Front derailleur clamp size: 28.6mm (max torque setting: 2.5Nm) - not included
- Bottom bracket: 68mm - English threaded
- Can accommodate 1X or 2X chainrings
- Crankset min/max ring size - single: 36 to 46t / double: 46/30t to 50/34t
- External cable routing
- Bottle mounts: 2
- Ritchey WCS Carbon Cross Disc Fork included