With seven wins at Paris-Roubaix, our Roubaix has proven that Smoother is Faster. Until this moment, however, smooth has admittedly come with some compromises. But not anymore. The all-new Roubaix Comp now delivers compliance without compromise by introducing a radical new Future Shock 1.5 that gives you more control on rough roads, a new Pave seatpost that creates our most balanced Roubaix to date, aerodynamics that equal the Tarmac, and a Rider-First Engineered frame that's shed some serious weight. Is it still comfortable? Sure, but don't call it a comfort bike, because performance was behind every engineering decision we made. This is the new Roubaix.
This Roubaix Sport provides a tremendous value, but like the frame itself, this value doesn’t come with any compromises. We spec’d it with Shimano’s 105 11-speed groupset for its crisp shifts and powerful hydraulic disc brakes, as well as smooth and sturdy DT R470 Disc wheels, the all-new S-Works Pavé seatpost, 28mm Turbo Pro tires, and our fan-favorite Power Sport saddle.
- The new frame delivers compliance without compromise via the perfect balance of aerodynamics, light overall weight via a FACT 10r carbon construction, compliance, and Rider-First Engineering. With tube shapes that were born in our FreeFoil Shape Library and validated in the Win Tunnel, the new Roubaix is more aero than the Tarmac SL6. Meanwhile, to ensure the weight and ride quality, we turned to a Rider-First Engineered design to deliver optimal stiffness and compliance across all sizes, from 44 to 64cm. Of course, the frame has shed some serious weight in the process. And to prep you for your own Hell of the North, we've made room for 33mm tires.
- To go along with the new frame, we've also developed a totally-new S-Works Pave seatpost. Not only is it the first compliant seatpost that's ALSO aerodynamic, it does so without any additional weight or finicky contraptions. Starting with the same D-shape design found on the Tarmac, we took its compliance a step further by building additional flex into the upper and developing a new drop-clamp design in the frame. This provides plenty of compliance while staying perfectly balanced with the front-end, so you get a smooth, balanced ride no matter how rough the road.
- With 20mm of rough-road-taming travel, the Future Shock 1.5 not only delivers a smoother, more comfortable ride, but it also reduces fatigue and increases speed over harsh terrain. The new Smooth Boot, meanwhile, enhances the aesthetics to bring a clean transition from the head tube to the stem
All too often, corners are cut to meet price-points in the entry-level road bike market, but the Allez redefines what it means to be "entry level." Focusing on weight, refinement, and reliability like nothing else in its class, the Allez is the first to make these technologies accessible to everyone. Whether you're just getting into road cycling, commuting, or looking for a new bike, the Allez is just as performance-packed as it is versatile.
- Not only does a lightweight bike feel better when you're climbing up a hill, but it's also essential when you're carrying your bike up to the 5th floor, and this was at the forefront of the frame design. With a redesigned E5 Alloy frame, the Allez features a class-leading weight. Aggressively thin-walled, yet tough tubes have been implemented to save weight and this results in over a 450g (1-pound) reduction in the frame and fork alone, when compared to some models of yesteryear.
- Entry-level road bikes often feature either alloy or cheap carbon fiber forks that greatly detract from the overall ride quality. But with a full FACT carbon fiber fork, the Allez is better handling, smoother riding, and lower in weight—floating over rough chip-seal and carving through corners like a slalom skier.
- For the geometry, we developed the Allez by utilizing our vast Retul fit database. This meant creating a geometry that's sure to cover a broad range of positions, while still providing the performance-minded handling you'd expect from your first bike.
- This Allez also features integrated rack and fender mounts, allowing you to move weight off your back and onto a lightweight rack. This not only makes for a good road bike, but it also enables you to transform it into a fast commuter.